Complaints and compliments
This form should only be used when you wish to complain
about DRC services. Please use other links if you wish to send us feedback about the site or discuss potential discrimination with the
The Commission is committed to providing an efficient, fair and
courteous service. When things go wrong we want and need to know so
that we can make sure it doesn't happen again. This page explains
how we will listen to and act on your complaints about our
- This complaints and compliments procedure relates only to
complaints and compliments about the quality of services provided
by the Commission and by anyone acting on its behalf. It
does not cover complaints about a refusal by the Commission to
provide legal assistance in connection with a claim under the
Disability Discrimination Act 1995. The DRC will take decisions on
whether or not to provide legal representation. These decisions
will not be reconsidered unless there is new
If you have a complaint about the way you have been treated by
the Commission, we assure you that we shall:
- Treat your complaint seriously.
- Acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of
- Investigate the complaint and give a full and proper response
within four weeks in your preferred media and language.
- Ensure that your complaint is investigated impartially and not
by the person or persons you are complaining about
- Make revised arrangements for procedures and/or services found
to be at fault.
- The Chief Executive and Senior Management Team will receive
reports highlighting all complaints made about the DRC's
Anyone dissatisfied with the outcome of an investigation has the
right to ask his or her MP to refer the matter to the Parliamentary
Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman) whose job it is to
investigate allegations of maladministration by public bodies.
Complete the form to send us your
complaint or compliment.